Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bouquet/Garter Toss Debate

To toss or not to toss?  That is the question. 

I mentioned this to Allen last night, and his response was, "I mean, don't we have to do that?" 

NO!  I keep telling him that we don't have to do anything we don't want to do.  I think Allen's more traditional than I ever really thought he was. 

Here's my thought process:  many of my friends are or will be married by that time, and most if not all of Allen's friends are married.  Two things I'm worried about are no one standing up to catch the bouquet or garter OR those who would stand up being embarassed.  Don't take that the wrong way, our single friends have nothing to be embarassed about.  But being put on the spot to catch something, having pictures taken of you, it's all a little..."spotlight"-ish. 

Another issue, Allen is a very private person.  I can't imagine him wanting to be on his hands and knees, going up my dress to remove a piece of fabric from around my upper thigh. 

This is definitely something we need to continue to explore. 

Brides - did you and your husband do the traditional tosses?

Single friends - do these tosses make you uncomfortable, or do you look forward to them at a wedding?

2 comments:

  1. We aren't to the point where we've discussed this yet but I sort of feel the same as you, we may skip that part too. I know I personally hate doing it as a "single" at other weddings and don't know if the singles at our wedding will really care if we do/don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Fro!

    I am personally not a fan, and when weddings pass it up, I do not miss it at all. More time for everyone to dance and have fun!

    ReplyDelete