Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wedding Block: Round 2

OK, so after I wrote my post last night, I went on The Knot to take a gander at my "To Do" list to see where we are and where we need to be.  Below are the major things I saw on the list, and my thoughts on each.

Day of Coordinator - I need to make one of three decisions.  I have a close family friend that I thought would be an amazing DOC, and she's definitely my number one option.  The only drawback is that I want her to enjoy herself, and to be able to spend time with her husband at the wedding.  The other option is to ask my florist, who also provides DOC services as well.  However, she's also a guest of the wedding and I'd like for her to be able to spend time with her husband and daughter who is one of my bridesmaids.  My last option is to hire someone completely separate of these two people.  The main concern here is money.  I'm not sure what prices are for a DOC.
Ceremony Officiant - My MOH doesn't know this yet, but I've discussed with Allen the idea of having her husband officiate our wedding.  He's an ordained minister, and he's also officiating a good friend's wedding in May.  It would mean so much to me to have both of them standing by my side on that day, and would really go along with the personal feel we want for our wedding.  Allen and I need to talk about this more.
Wedding DJ - I've briefly talked to a friend who DJ's weddings, but need to set up an in person appointment with him.  My dad also has a friend from work who has a DJ business, and I think we're going to set up an appointment with him. 
Wedding Registry - We need to decide where we're going to register and just go do it.  We really want to try and do the honeymoon registry.  We'll see how that works out!
Cake - This is something Allen's really going to enjoy!  I'm not a huge cake person, I really just care about how the cake looks.  So I'll start setting up tasting appointments for us to go to and we'll make a choice soon!
Engagement Pics/Save the Dates - We're working on this now.  We've been communicating with our photographer about our options.  I'm thinking we're going to buy some chic coats , nice jeans, etc and have a winter engagement session.  Still need to run that by our photographer though. :)
Hotel Rooms - Not so sure how necessary this is.  Most of our guests are from Richmond, or surrounding areas.  I need to take a look at the guest list to see how many out of towners we'll have, and then figure out the room block situation.
Ceremony Music - I've had my heart set on a string quartet for the wedding.  I've listened to so many demos and had processional, recessional, and other music picked out.  Then I got quotes from string quartets and the prices were OUTRAGEOUS.  Holy cow, who knew having an hour of ceremony music was so expensive?!  So I think we're going to go with a string duet instead, reducing the price tremendously. 

I think the easiest things to tackle will be Wedding Registry, Cake, and Hotel Rooms.  I'll start there and report back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment