Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Twilight Images = My Dream Come True

OK, so I know in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that we had potentially selected our photographer.  Scratch that!  I can now say, for a fact, we have selected a photographer and it's not the photographer I thought I was going to use. 

Let me start from the beginning....

From the moment one of my best friends booked Melody Smith of Twilight Images, I was hooked.  Their engagement pictures were phenomenal.  I could literally feel the emotion in the pictures of Dana and Jeremy.  Allen and I set up a meeting with Melody, and everything went really well.  It was just very early on in our search for vendors and we weren't exactly sure how the money was going to pan out.  We started to compare her with some other photographers and thought we were going to end up going with someone else.  Now, don't get me wrong, it had nothing to do with the quality of Melody's work.  Anyone that knows her knows she's top notch.  It really came down to finances. 

Weird how things happened from there...

I met with the other photographer, had every intention with signing with said photographer.  Gave my parents the contract, they were on board, and ready to turn the signed contract in with a deposit.  Timing ended up not working out for a couple of weeks for me to get together with them for transfer of the contract and money to me.  In that time frame was Dana's fabulous wedding, where I ended up meeting Melody in person.  I swear, it was like meeting a rockstar and being star struck.  She was awesome!  Here's where the real catalyst for my change of heart came....she posted teaser pictures of Dana and Jeremy's wedding on Facebook that same night.  O.  M.  G.  They are the most gorgeous pictures I've ever seen.  From that moment, I knew I had to have her. 

Here we are, two weeks after Dana's wedding, the contract is turned in and the deposit is paid.

It's official - Melody Smith is my photographer! 

Seriously, check her out.  She's ridiculous, her work is unlike anything I've seen before, and I can't believe she's mine all mine on June 11, 2011!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable Blog! I saw it linked on the Twilight Images page. Melody is extremely talented and I was delighted to find her portfolio of work when we moved back to Southside Virginia. I am an event planner & floral designer, and we event help many of our clients with "weekend of coordination." Check out our work on our facebook page after searching "Texture Design Studio."

    [Our website is www.texture-designstudio.com but we are in the process of a LONG overdue update!]

    Congratulations on your engagement and please let me know if we can help in anyway!

    Kindly,
    Kim Moody, Principal Designer
    Texture Design Studio
    434.294.0372

    [This will show up at Transition Studio, which is the non-profit I run....totally separate from Texture!]

    ReplyDelete